Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum surf
Hello,

Let's all just agree that Maximum is a below average map.

Regarding the surf as far as I know there is 2 ways to complete it.

Normally: https://youtu.be/jMVliwzIi_s
Skip: https://youtu.be/3sTl8Ks_hz8 

Multiple times I've seen different wardens consider the skip to be an incomplete version of doing the surf I would like an official response from an operator or head admin preferably someone on the staff team with simple rule knowledge and more then 500 hours on the server.

The added image was `Revo's opinion on the skip for context `Revo updated the map after it was originally made by someone else so no Hyphen did not make this map. 

-Remy.
skip = cheating = u die
You spawn on the part where you fail instead of the winning cell. I see that as a incomplete version of the surf in my opinion. It's like using a taser to hop into the box.

Changing my answer, as per what dako said.
It is similar to a obby or climb with a skip, the warden should say don't do the skip or the ts are allowed to do the skip. I'd think the warden should say don't do the skip to prevent those kind of kills.
Dako

This is stupid its not even a shortcut because both videos are the same length in time. As for dako that argument is stupid as doing the skip is comparable to walking back from the start of the game into the finishing box, finishing the surf is classed as hitting the tp.
vent cell hyphen spray
(19-11-2021, 07:46 AM)✪ sp0oky_craigy Wrote: This is stupid its not even a shortcut because both videos are the same length in time. As for dako that argument is stupid as doing the skip is comparable to walking back from the start of the game into the finishing box, finishing the surf is classed as hitting the tp.

that's srsly such a dumb thing to say, it clearly is a shortcut doesn't matter if it takes the same amount of time since you're still doing less of the surf. btw doing the skip is obviously faster than the normal method who cares about how remy did it. i always kill u whenever u do it and that's not changing lol.
(18-11-2021, 05:21 PM)Dako Wrote: It is similar to a obby or climb with a skip, the warden should say don't do the skip or the ts are allowed to do the skip. I'd think the warden should say don't do the skip to prevent those kind of kills.

This is true it's better if the warden says beforehand no skips same for Wakka climb etc, but it technically isn't completion of the surf since you don't spawn at the end, but it's up to the warden what counts not really admins.
[Image: loki-videoyun_1.gif][Image: loki-videoyun_1.gif]
warden should never have to say "no skips" because when they say to "do surf" it implies to complete it fully,

its just up to the warden to kill them for it or not, but if someone complains about getting "freekilled" after being a smartass and using a skip and not completing the full surf, then thats on the player.
Personally I think…
The warden should never have to say "no skips" because when they say to "do surf" it implies to complete it fully,

It’s just up to the warden to kill them for it or not, but if someone complains about getting "freekilled" after being a smartass and using a skip and not completing the full surf, then thats on the player.
If you can do the skip you can do the surf so how about you dont be a troglodyte and just do the fucking surf